Are you a fussy fruit eater, then come jump into this mouth-watering, refreshing and sumptuous fruit salad with the healthy combination of fresh fruits submerged in custard syrup. This is my daughter’s special request for her birthday (She has many in her list and that might need another blog all together). Sweetypie this one is for you! Without further dragging of intro can move to the ingredients of this gorgeous beauty.
- Quantity of fruits are not specific, you can add or reduce the amount of fruits according to your taste.
- each 30gms of apple,strawberry,green and black grapes,pomegranates and banana.(you can add lychee,longan,blackberry and raspberry, but do not add citrus fruits.)
INGREDIENTS FOR CUSTARD SYRUP.
- 400ml of milk.
- 100ml of water.
- 5 heaped spoons of custard powder(vanilla flavor.)
- 100gms of sugar.(adjust according to your taste, can add brown sugar too.)
- 2-3 saffron strands.(optional)
- cut all fruits into small pieces and refrigerate it in a bowl, add pinch of salt.
- add the cut bananas at last before serving to avoid the fruit turning black.
- cut apples and soak inside the salt water for five minutes and then add to fruits to avoid apples turning brown.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan, add water, milk and boil.
- In a bowl, take the custard powder and mix with 5 spoons of warm milk without any lumps and infuse it to the boiling milk.
- Add sugar and mix well, add saffron strands and mix well.
- After adding custard powder you will notice the milk thickens, make sure to stir it or powder might stick to the bottom.
- Make sure not to boil too much so the mixture turns too hard.
- Filter the hot milk into a bowl, let it cool down completely, then refrigerate the syrup for two hours.
- Take out the refrigerated fruits and place a little quantity in a serving bowl and fill the custard syrup till the brim of the bowl and serve chill.
- Another method is top-up with your favorite ice-cream and drip some chocolate sauce and serve chill.
- I have presented it two ways.
Yummy fruit salad is ready. Try this recipe and make your loved ones feel gleeful and ecstatic.
- Make sure your custard syrup should not be watery, if its watery will not blend well with fruits.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When you are placing the ice cream on top of the salad, make sure you add before serving as the ice-cream might melt fast as its placed on the liquid base.