Paneer butter masala is a rich and creamy gravy which goes very well with rotis,naan,paratha,jeera rice or with any kind of pulav.Its a hit dish in every homes and turns out to be one of the kids favorite item . There are different styles of preparing it I have made it by sautéing onions and tomatoes and cashews which gives you the thickness and also notable is without adding any food coloring which makes it more homely. Lets move on to the ingredients of this restaurant style gravy.
- 150gms of paneer.(cut into small cubes.)
- 100gms of roughly chopped onions.
- 100gms of chopped tomatoes.
- 5-6 cashews.
- chopped ginger and garlic.(you can add paste also)
- 10gms of kasuri methi.
- butter.(no specific quantity. Since its a dish made with butter you can add generously according to your wish.)
- each 2 teaspoons of red chili powder and gram masala.
- 1 bay leaf,2-3 cloves,1 cinnamon stick, one star maze.
- 20ml fresh cream(optional)
- salt to taste and coriander leaves for decorations.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter in a pan add the cashews and wait till turns brown in color then add onions, ginger and garlic, sauté till onions turns transparent then add tomatoes and sauté well.
- Lets this mixture cool down then blend it smooth in a blender and keep it aside.
- Now add one tablespoon butter, whole spices when you get the aroma add the blended mixture to it.
- Add chilipowder,gram masala and cover and cook for 10 minutes, when you see the gravy thickening a bit add the paneer to the gravy and saute,check salt.
- When you see the gravy thickens add kasturi methi and switch off the flame and add the fresh cream and one teaspoon butter for final glaze.
Rich creamy gravy is ready serve with chapatti or khushka and get praises from your family members.
- If your paneer is referigerated, soak it in hot water for 10 minutes then add.
- If you add fresh cream it changes the color of the gravy.
- Don’t cook after adding fresh cream.
- Choose nice red ripe tomatoes for natural color and also sautéing onions brown gives you nice orange color.
- If you like can add red food coloring.